On December 12, 2017, the New Castle Fire District No. 1 (Chappaqua Fire District) and the Millwood Fire District will hold their annual elections for Fire Commissioners.
NEW CASTLE FIRE DISTRICT No. 1
Two Fire Commissioner positions are open, one for a 5-year term and one for a 4-year term. The election is Tuesday, December 12, 2017 between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. at the Bedford Road Firehouse located at the intersection of Route 120 and Route 117.
Brian Jabloner and Charles Rauch are running for the 5-year term and Edwin Frank and Terence Hoey are running for the 4-year term.
Information about the candidates is available in our Voters Guide.(This version links to the 12/1/2017 Town e-newsletter.)
Here is an updated version of our Voters Guide.
MILLWOOD FIRE DISTRICT
One Fire Commissioner position is open for a 5-year term. The election is Tuesday, December 12, 2017 between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. at the Millwood Firehouse at 100 Millwood Road (Route 133).
Jason Lichtenthal is running uncontested for the 5-year term.
Absentee ballots are available for these elections. You can vote by absentee ballot for one of the following four reasons:
- You are a patient in hospital, or will be confined at home and unable to appear because of illness or disability
- You will be absent from the county because of duties, studies, occupation or business
- You will be on vacation outside of the county
- You will be confined waiting action by a grand jury or confined pending trial in a criminal proceeding or confined for conviction of a crime or offense other than a felony
Links to Absentee Ballot Applications for the two Districts are available below:
New Castle Fire District No. 1 Absentee Ballot Application
Millwood Fire District Absentee Ballot Application
To determine which District you are in, check your tax bill, call the New Castle tax office at 914-238-4773 or go to http://www.mynewcastle.org
and do the following:
1. Click on "Receiver of Taxes" under "Departments"
2. Click on "Public Tax Status Lookup!" in the right hand column
3. Click "I Accept"
4. Enter your name or address
5. Click the button "Bill Detail" on the "2017 Town" line and your Fire District will be listed.